NOTE: Please keep in mind that only one work per author will be allowed for presentation at the conference and that a selection from the 2020 call has already been made.
Instructions and Basic Information
Categories include but are not limited to:
– Audience Participation Installations
– Data-driven Installations
– Interactive Installations
– Media Arts
– Multimedia Installations
– Performance-based installations
– Sound Art
- Open to all composers regardless of nationality, age or career stage.
- Works presented at previous ICMCs are not allowed unless significantly evolved.
- The list of available spaces can be consulted here.
- Works must be submitted online, through the Conference Management Toolkit (CMT)
- All submissions should be anonymous: please make sure that no artist markings are recognizable.
- For conference presentation the artist or at least one of the collaborators must register. A presenter only needs to register once and may be presenting more than one work at the conference.
- There are no submission fees.
Review of Works
Submissions will be subject to peer-review.
Extended Submission Deadline (Eastern Standard Time)
January 31, 2021
Anticipated Notification Date (Eastern Standard Time)
Before March 31, 2021
We have several small and middle-sized rooms available for installations. There is also a possibility of using an 8-channel room for special multi-channel installations and some spaces at Galeria Maccina would also be available.
Preservation: Computer Music Heritage
To preserve our computer music heritage for generations to come, all artists will have the option to participate in our preservation efforts where each work’s media and digital artifacts will be permanently archived at NYU Libraries as part of the Electro-Acoustic Music Mine (EAMM) project. We will capture, archive, and preserve annual ICMC works starting with ICMC 2018 and [Phase I]: Stop the leak so that the yearly curated works are no longer lost after each conference ends. [Phase 2] Archive access for the public. More information on EAMM.